Tongariro Alpine Crossing Shuttle
The Tongariro Volcanic Adventures bus leaves from Ski Haus at 7:15am (weather permitting). Hikers are dropped off at Mangatepopo car park, the start of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, and then picked up at the end trail from Ketetahi car park at 4pm.
- Cost $35 per person (return trip)
- BBH member or Group discount available
Alpine conditions change rapidly on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. It is essential that hikers are prepared for all weather, including snow, rain and high winds.
What to Bring:
- Food and plenty of fluids, especially on hot days (approximately 2 litres)
- Waterproof rain coat and trousers
- Hiking boots with adequate grip
- Warm woolen or polypropylene clothes (cotton clothes do not provide warmth when wet)
- Sun hat (or woolen hat and gloves during cold weather)
- Sunscreen SPF 30+
- Personal first-aid kit
Whakapapa Ski Field / Whakapapa Village Shuttle
The Tongariro Volcanic Adventures shuttle departs for Whakapapa ski field daily.
- $30 per person return (at least 3 people,$25 one-way)
- Special schedules can be arranged
Mountain Biking transport
The Tongariro Volcanic Adventures bus picks up and drops off cyclists (and their bikes) for all local tracks around Tongariro National Park. This service is available on demand (minimum two people).
- $40 per person return (minimum 2 people, $25 one way)
- Enquire at Ski Haus reception